If you receive Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) we can provide you with specialist one-to-one study skills support. This support gives you the strategies you need to make a success of your studies.
Getting your support from the Degree Doctor is easy because we fit around you. And as the cost of tuition is paid by your funding body, there are no payments to organise either.
What we offer
- An approachable, friendly tutor who specialises in working with degree students, has extensive experience of the higher education environment – including as a university tutor – and holds a specialist specific learning difficulties qualification.
- Sessions at a time to suit you, including at evenings and weekends. Regular weekly slots are available, but we also offers sessions flexibly on an ‘as and when’ basis. We often have slots available at short notice for when deadlines are looming.
- Remote support via online video conferencing platforms such as Zoom and Skype when you can’t make it in person or if you live elsewhere in the country. (Please note due to Covid-19 restrictions all sessions are now provided online.)
- An Individual Learning Plan and Learning Agreement to ensure that support is tailored to your individual needs and to provide a framework for sessions.
- A DBS-checked, insured and first aid trained tutor with a clearly defined complaints procedure.
- A tutor with membership of key professional organisations, including membership of the Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE) Quality Assurance scheme.
- A free DSA application assistance service. If you haven’t yet been assessed for dyslexia – or are unsure about the DSA application process – we can guide you through it, from getting your evidence in place right through to receiving your equipment and support.